Resilient Forests is developing a decision support tool to introduce climate change adaptation strategies in forest management across Europe, considering the different forest ecosystem services and goods. To achieve this, the project partners are working to integrate different kinds of models, such as hydrological simulation models, biomass production, fire-risk and climate models, in order to provide forest managers with a tool to take informed decisions for improving the management of their forests. For this purpose, the tool will be co-created in collaboration with key stakeholders and it will be based on a proven approach already applied in Spain. It will be then demonstrated for different environmental conditions at three locations in Germany, Portugal and Spain, both at sub-catchment and at catchment scale and finally a replication strategy will be developed for transferring this approach, so it can be applied elsewhere across Europe.
- Forest Management should be at the heart of upcoming EU Strategy
- How to better manage your forest? The second RF webinar
- Resilient Forests featured in the Spanish TV programme «Reduce tu Huella»
- Resilient Forests featured on Spanish TV
- Webinar on «Innovative solutions for forest management»: video and presentations