Started in 2014 as a joint initiative of European regions and forest sector organizations, the 5th edition of the European Forest Innovation Workshop devoted to Inform-Prioritize-Collaborate: Cooperation of Regions on Innovation in Forest Management, Use of Wood and Forest-related Services, the event took place on the 18th of January 2023.
Main objectives of the event were:
- Understanding the new framework for regional innovation policies addressing the forest-based sector in Europe
- Presenting relevant innovations from different European regions that are helping address key European policy ambitions
- Connecting experts and practitioners to speed up knowledge flows
- Encourage public and private collaboration at EU and regional levels to foster innovation
The themes addressed in the workshop were:
- Carbon market, bioeconomy, climate smart forestry and rural development
- Forest degradation and nature restoration
- Ecosystem services and better integration in forest management
- Digitalization and social innovation are cross-cutting aspects contributing to the above themes.
RESILIENT FOREST was also present at the event with Maurizio Cocchi (EUBIA), who presented the Decision Support System tool (DSS) C.A.F.E.